Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Friday 6 September 2013

Goodbye Lazuli, Hello ????

It was a wee bit sad to say goodbye to Lazuli.  We had owned the Holden Astra since 1996 and she had given us good and faithful service.  Hardly missing a beat, and over all those years, not a great deal had gone wrong with her.  But Robin thought it was time she went and started looking around for a replacement.  If there is one thing I hate, it is looking around car yards.  So he started hanging about the local car yards, kicking tyres or whatever it is prospective buyers do.  Then I had to go down and see what he had found.  If it was up to me, I would have kept the car for a few more years, after all, it seemed fine to me.  But then – what do I know about cars?  Not much, really.  A few days later we took Lazuli down to the car yard and left her behind.

DSCF5462 Goodbye, Lazuli

Forms were signed, and keys handed over.  Then the sales girl presented us with a big bunch of lilies and a box of chocolates.

P9040010 A thank you for buying the car

The new (to us) purchase is a 2009 Toyota Corolla Hatch Diesel car, painted pale blue called “Shimmer”. 

P9040011 Let’s take it home

“What shall we call the new car”, I wondered aloud, “Let’s call her Shimmer”.  Well, that went down like a wet balloon.  Why do we have to call it anything – it’s only a car, was the reply.  I’m not listening, she will be Shimmer to me!

P9040013 Our new car

We still have the Toyota Landcruiser 4WD of course, what else would we tow the caravan with.  That car doesn’t have a name, but then, it’s a blokes car,isn’t it.

No comments: