Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Almost finished

The new extensions on the library are coming along nicely. I called in today to collect my reserved book, and things have been changed around once more. The issuing desk was in a new position, and workmen seem to outnumber the customers at the moment. The library is closing for two weeks to enable the staff to have a re-shuffle and put everything away in the new extension. The library offers various monthly programmes for adults and children and there will be more room available to accommodate these groups. The builders invited me to have a peek in this new area. (I had my camera out so they must have thought I was fairly important!) Carpet has already been laid, the lighting has been installed, and it looks like it is just waiting for furnishing and fittings.

DSCF4326 Part of the new extension

The painters were busy at work today, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted a young man on a set of stilts! “Sure beats climbing ladders”, he told me. And yes, he’d love to have his photo taken. With his extra height, he could reach the ceilings with no trouble at all. He soon forgot the camera and got on with the job of painting the ceiling, and I noticed that he had cobwebs tattooed on his elbows. That’s certainly different. HIs workmate did things the old way, no stilts for him. A young boy walked past and he was fascinated. I heard him ask his Mum, “Can I have some of those?”

DSCF4324

DSCF4325Painting ceilings made easy

There still seems an awful lot to do, but I’m sure the staff have it all planned out. As a library regular, I look forward to seeing the new improved version when it reopens again. I just hope I have enough books to keep me going.

DSCF4328Keep away – builders only

No comments: